Photo by: Emilie Ann Photography
http://www.emilieannphotography.com/

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Undershirt Blurt.

Okay. So is it just me or does it seem like almost EVERY shirt is sheer these days? Or the sleeves are loose? 
Now. I love the elegance and flowy-ness (is that a word?) of these looks. 
But.
This makes it tricky for us as sister missionaries. Or anyone who is looking for more coverage. Or any member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints who has gone through the temple. #bestdayever
But.
There are solutions!! 
(Applaud now)

This brings me to my 

"Undershirt Blurt".


Blouses and Tops
If leaving your shirt untucked, ensure that the bottom of the shirt presents a tailored, professional appearance. You may layer shirts under blouses and tops to increase modesty; however, undershirts should not be noticeably longer than the top layer. Avoid sloppy, tight, or casual styles. Do not wear T-shirts, sweatshirts, golf-style shirts, casual shirts, or shirts with low necklines. Sleeves should fully cover the shoulder and the upper portion of the arm, including the underarm, to cover the garment. Shirts with cap sleeves should not be worn alone, but may be worn under blouses or tops to increase modesty. 
Bingo.

Ladies and Gentleman...gentleman...gentleman...
For the first time on this blog...blog...blog...
I present:
Undershirts!!

Lets get down to the nitty gritty.

There are three brands that I really like of these types of shirts.
1. Nikki Bikki
2. Mod Bod
3. Downeast
P.S. These are all about the same price - $10.00-$20.00
P.P.S. They all run true to size. But they have some give. I am a small and I have gotten away with 
an x-small, small, and a medium. I am 5'7, 120 lbs. 

// NikiBiki //

( "icky vicky she makes me so sicky"- those of you that saw that episode of Fairly Odd Parents forever ago know what Im talkin bout. )
So I actually stumbled upon these at a nearby Boutique. I went in looking for skirts and came out with these instead... that always seems to happen. Hm. 
#noregrets












I  LOVE  them. They are so soft and they fit so great. Plus they are looooooong. Just be sure to tuck them in so they aren't significantly longer. I got a tan one and a dark grey, unfortunately they didn't have black in a small or a white (which actually was slightly see through. Not bad, I am just picky. ...For Nikki Bikki...he he...Rhymes.) But I am sure I could find those online somewhere. These are great for underneath sheer shirts, sweaters, etc. Plus the cap sleeve seems a little bit longer which I like.
I would recommend these to anyone. 

You can purchase them here
Or here.
And here.


// Mod Bod //

So does "Mod" stand for modest, modern, or model-status...? ehhh..er.. I dunno but let's just say all of them! 
These have been around for quite some time and actually, I believe, that they were one of the first companies, if the THE first company to come out with these. I like these as well. 
Many Styles and Many Colors...


You got your Basic.





Oooooh and a cute RUCHED 3/4 sleeve.
3/4 sleeves are my favorite.




And you've got your long sleeve for the chillier days. Not to mention this cool pose that you could do while wearing it. ;) 
"Oh hey it's just me wearing my mod bod shirt and my hair looks fabulous."





Oh! A shiiinnyyyy one. OH LA LA. 
This material looks extremely comfy.





And this cool reversible style where you can wear the sleeves down or roll them up to be a short sleeve..... Say Whaaaaa? 
Not to mention... what a beautiful color.


Buy these here.




// Downeast //


Ahh the classic modest store. So great. The store where you go to church and realize that everyone in your beehive class has the same skirt as you... oh and your beehive advisor. ;) Just kidding. It is all in a good way! It would be so cool if my companion and I had the same outift, we would look so "official"... 
"No we did not plan this, in fact, I did not even KNOW her before this." 



That's what's up.

 I LOVE Downeast. I have bought a couple of cap sleeves here and I have loved them!! Just recently! They have a lot of choices and colors. The material is nice, just plain and simple. 



(I whip my hair back forth I whip my hair back and forth)
I am sorry. I had to.

ANYWHOOO, this is their cap sleeve.




Their Basic Tee.
Doesn't this girl look good in blue? Just sayin.
Work it gurrrrrl.




3/4 sleeve!
With a cute kissy face! muah.

Buy these here.


SO.
unfortunately my other two favorite brands have not been selling lately or they are really good at hiding... those are:
Undertease 
and
Shade (closed down)

But if you happen to come across these... snatch those babies up, they are awesome.

Well I hope this helps a little with undershirt information. 
I also heard that they sell some of these at the Provo MTC. 
Thank goodness. 


Good luck Sistas.


The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is TRUE.

I don't know where I would be without it.

For more info go here -------> lds.org
you won't regret it.. :)


-Hermana B.











No comments:

Post a Comment